Work Comp Alternative
Since 1913, Texas employers have had the singular right to “opt out” of Workers’ Compensation and become a Non-Subscriber. In 2014, Oklahoma allowed its eligible employers a similar right under “The Option”.
Our non-subscriber product indemnifies employers for their medical, disability, and death benefits provided to their employees for occupational injuries under an approved ERISA Plan. In addition, our policy provides defense costs and legal liability coverage for these occupational injury claims, all subject to mandatory arbitration.
We are operating within the Nationwide E&S Unit, will be issuing Scottsdale Insurance Company policies, and is the exclusive Underwriting Manager for all of Nationwide’s Nonsubscriber Programs. Throughout the Year we have rolled so many new, innovative and exclusive Policy provisions, we thought it best to quickly list a few of them. Our Policy provides:
• “No Dollar Limit” Medical—exclusive to the industry!
• Separate benefits for every employee: no CSL—exclusive to the industry!
• Legal liability protection for your employer on a per employee basis and not reduced by any benefits: i.e.; if $5,000,000 of legal purchased and 20 employees injured in an Accident, your Insured will have up to $100,000,000 of legal liability protection (20 X $5M)—exclusive to the industry!
• No occurrence or aggregate limit—exclusive to the industry!
• Pay on behalf of, indemnity or hybrid (pay on behalf of medical and indemnity wage replacement) form: in fact, your Insured can make a different choice on each claim if they so choose—exclusive to the industry!
• Duty to Defend and Right to Defend forms: Insured’s choice—broadest in the industry!
• Up to 60 months sunset for minors and 36 months for all others—longest in the industry!
• Hospital volunteers can be added to coverage—exclusive to the industry!
• Defense costs erode SIR but do not erode the “CPro Texas Option”—broadest in the industry!
• 1099 contractors can be added—broadest in the industry!
• All first notice of loss taken by a nurse 24/7; never by a clerk or adjuster—exclusive to the industry!
As you can see, we are all about changing the legacy nonsubscriber policies of yesterday used elsewhere to the State of the Art Nonsubscriber Policy.